Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Crop Contest


This is my entry for the photo contest this week. The theme is "Creative Crop". Please click on the photo above to see the whole pic. You must always include a face in this contest. This was a hard week for me. I usually do most of my cropping through my viewfinder. lol. This pic is from the holidays (with the tree in the background). I don't remember making it, but fell in love with it today while scanning thru to find something to crop. Hope that you enjoy it. I like the baby's face in this sepia tone. Edited on Flickr. Here is the before:

My husband has a red complexion that is sometimes difficult to work with. ARRG! That Scottish blood. Check out all of the other fantastic crops on wwwIlovefaces.com. Well, actually it is just a bunch of CROP! lol Couldn't resist the opportunity to be corny!

13 comments:

Kate said...

Love it!!! The eyes POP! Great picture!

Amy said...

oh goodnes, this is amazing. i love it! :)

Shelle said...

That's seriously cute! Love it!

Susan said...

What a great Daddy/son shot, made perfect by cropping! Definitely frame worthy.

Anonymous said...

Oh wow!! The crop made this the absolute perfect picture!! You should frame that :)

Carebear said...

Wow - I love this entry. Cropping out the tree in the background made it look like a photo shoot portrait and not a candid! I was gonna say that I love that pose, then I realized they were standing up in front of the tree! I couldn't tell that in the cropped version! And the B&W conversion is great too!

Dawn said...

this picture is great. he is beautiful, like his mama(i mean bryce-lol) i love it:) :) it is spring. time to make beautiful pics. of my babies

Mandi Shandi said...

I LOVE this crop! Definitly frame worthy! You just need to make a trip to see me in SC. I would LOVE to have you take pics. for us. One day, we will work it out for sure!

Corey~living and loving said...

This is a fabulous crop. the photo is adorable. The original...very snapshotish....the crop....a stunningly fun portrait.

LOVE IT!

Nicolle said...

That crop is wonderful! It is amazing how the 2 pictures seem so different. Great job!!!

Nicolle said...

We do seem to be so much alike! I get bored, but then I just want to clean and organize my house. I know being home with Boyd is good for him, but some days I just feel kind of like, ummm what next?? When we do get out, it IS exhausting too, I know what you mean. Just a couple errands wears me out! I want to read that book that you mentioned about raising boys. I am going to look for it this weekend. I'm stressing right now because Boyd will be a year old in two more weeks and he refuses to use a sippy cup - and I know I sound silly even saying that. He has bad seperation anxiety. I need to enroll him in a mother's day out, but we just can't afford it right now. I wish we were closer. We could trade off watching the boys and they could play together, and we could each have a break every once in a while!! :) Even when I take Boyd to my mom's or my husband's mom's house, he won't leave my side. I think about that too - hoping I do everything right. I'm sure you are doing a great job! Enough rambling for me. I hope you have a nice weekend!

Susan said...

I would love to see those pics you mentioned.
Nice to "meet" you too!

fordydaysandnights@gmail.com

Rebecca said...

oh my goodness... it's like two completely different photos. what a difference. i love it! adorable baby too. thanks for your comment... this is all so fun and new to me.
~Becca
ps... my hubby is scottish too!