Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Thankful

Today, I am extra thankful. I am usually a pretty thankful person, but today, a little more. I have been reading other's blogs about all of their challenges with the health of their kids and am so BLESSED to have a healthy, happy baby. I have prayed all day thanking God, for what I never deserved. Ok. So, on a lighter note, I am slowly, but surely gonna overhaul my blog a little. I changed the background, since Bryce is now nearly 14 months old. The birthday one was probably one of my favs, but it is time to, "let it go mom!" lol. I am gonna post a couple of pics of his party in honor of my healthy baby boy. Enjoy.... they are some random photos.....


Smash Cake

His smash cake. The party theme was farm with some western stuff thrown in there.

Cupcake tower

His cupcake tower with all of the farm animals.

Giddy up cupcake

The "Giddy Up" cupcake

This Little Piggy....

Another of my favs... I call this one "this little piggy....went into my stomach" lol

Holy Cowcake!

HOLY COWCAKE!

We served chili, pigs in the blanket, a veggie garden, and cake and cream. We also had a baby buffet with snacks. Drinks were the "Hug" brand for the kids cause they are shaped like barrels and I served them iced down in barrels. There are WAY more pics and details that I will try to share on a later post. (Kid pics and some more of the deco and what we did). I must go to the shower now, while my little person is catching some ZZZZZZs and safe in his crib. Today, I am THANKFUL! Sleep tight, little angel. Thank you God for your exceedingly abundant blessings and protective hedge that you have around our family. AMEN

9 comments:

Nicolle said...

Gwen, I love your new layout. The picture on your header makes me smile. Oh my...Bryce's smile in that picture is adorable and amazing. I, like you, am so thankful for a happy and healthy baby. I can get very bogged down reading about all of the sick children out there. My heart aches for them and for their parents. We are so fortunate!!!

I can't even say how much I love the pictures of the cupcakes and cake. Those are outstanding! I went the very cheap route and ordered cupcakes from Sam's. Yours are so very cute. I am sure the party was fabulous and I can't wait to see more pictures. I'm getting everything together for Boyd's party on Saturday. I'm excited!

Corey~living and loving said...

WE are blessed indeed. I thank God every night for my healthy child.

I love the cake and cupcakes. did you make them?

I love the new background. Do you design your layout?

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

Great birthday pictures. How great were those cakes? What a beautiful header!

Mandi Shandi said...

Yes friend, you are so right about being blessed. I have been praying for little Stellan today and have been so reminded of how much I have to be thankful for.

I ADORE everything about the party. Connor's first birthday was also western themed, but those cupcakes and his little cake are way more fantastic than what we had. LOVE everything about it. So when did you say you were moving here? Hugs!

Corey~living and loving said...

Hey girl....can you reply to this comment via email? Thanks!

Unknown said...

So stinking cute! I love the layout and the cupcakes are incredible!

KristanneV said...

Those cupcakes are wonderful and now I want one!! Of course I am sitting here snowed in because of a blizzards so I guess I will just have to drool over these instead :).

Thanks for you sweet comments on my blog!

Unknown said...

Oh good heavens - you are the best!!!! I am in Chick-fil-a heaven right now!!! :-)

Praise and Coffee said...

That is adorable!
Sue