Thursday, March 5, 2009

Our Little Snowman

Yea, that's right! Snow in Alabama! Can you believe it? I guess that you could call it snow. How about just a light "dusting" as my mom would say.... Well, now that EVERY blogger has posted their snow pics and it has been a few boring days of no posting for me, I guess that I should post mine. So here goes....What is that dad?
We woke up that morning to a beautiful snowfall. Bryce's first. So, he and dad watched it while I made breakfast, so we could hurry up and play.

Watching it snow while eating breakfast
Next, We rolled his highchair close to the window so he could watch it while he ate. Cause you know it takes FOREVER at this age!!!!!

Bryce and mom
We went outside after breakfast. I COULD NOT find his hat and mittens, because I always put things where they go(NOT), so he had to wear this hat that I had found on clearance for him to wear in a oouple of years. lol My sweet husband made this pic, cause he knows that I (the family photographer)am never in pictures.

Watching the flakes
He watched the flakes falling, but could not decide if he was scared or loved it.....

My guys
This is a pic of "My Guys", taking it all in. Bryan taking in Bryce and Bryce taking in the snowfall.

Trying to walk
We let him try to walk, but he just wanted to get down and crawl in it. After this, we took trip to Wal-Mart (because no day is complete without that) to get Bryce some Cow's milk for him to drink for the first time. He finally ran out of mom's milk.

Mitten love
When we got back, I finally found his mittens and hat that fits. He wanted to eat the mittens, because he had never worn them. Yummy fleece!

Got me Daddy?
Then, back down in the snow to play some more. We didn't attempt a snowman. I guess that I will just have to settle for my two snowmen. AHHH! He wore us out. Time for a nap together and WAFFLES!!!!!

9 comments:

Mandi Shandi said...

What a FUN DAY! Snow in AL is about like snow here in SC. It never snows hear either, so when it does it is really something. Sounds like fun was had by all, esp. with the nap and waffles! What did Bryce think of the cow's milk? My boys were not that crazy about it at first, so I was just wondering.

Mandi Shandi said...

Crazy the similarities in how we raise our boys. I have a feeling we could chat on this subject for hours. I never really cared whether the boys used a cup with a soft or hard spout, but I did want them off the bottle and using a cup. I let them try the "big boy" cups without lids or anything at meal time, and they have both pretty much mastered that. Con is just careless and loves to make a mess. Now if I could just get rid of that binky!

Corey~living and loving said...

Looks like a truly lovely day. I really really really love the first and second shot. :)

Deedra said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun! Great pics! He is a doll!

Nicolle said...

I love both of his hats! They are so cute on him! I want something similar for Boyd, but have not found one yet. I am sooo like you, I think we go to Walmart every day! :)

The picture of him eating and watching the snow is precious!

Zack and Brittany said...

Hey Gwen! WOW!! You have such an amazing talent for capturing a moment! Your pictures are beautiful! Bryce's eyes are absolutely gorgeous-so blue!! I am going shopping this weekend and I am going to look for that book. I have James Dobson's Bringing up boys that has been in my stack to read for a little bit, but I haven't gotten to it yet. Thanks for letting me know about Wild things--I loved that story as a kid. Well hope you are all doing well! Hope to see you soon!

Nicolle said...

Hi! Well, thanks for the compliments on my photos. I have to say though, I took some pics of my neighbors' newborn the other day, and I was so bummed. I took over 100 pictures and only liked a few. Honestly, I don't know where to begin with this new camera. I feel overwhelmed!!! Any suggestions for a starting point on learning? I love hand me downs! I have also received tons of clothes from friends! They are wonderful. That was sweet of you to say if we were closer you'd share. I think that is soooo what life is all about! :)) Yes, this stage is my favorite. They can communicate in their own way, and the little personalities really start to develop. Boyd has been doing the mamamama, dadadada, nananana thing for a while. Does Bryce? I just love it! I have to add to my post, Boyd still fits in his infant carrier too! He's growing, but sometimes I worry because he is small. But like you said, prob because he was early...3 1/2 weeks early. I'd love to see a picture of Bryce with his Elmo airplane. It sounds so cute! Girl I know, my to do list is way too long right now!! :)) have a good weekend!

Nicolle said...

By the way, I have just a few pics on my other blog, if you go to my profile page, it's "Nicolle's Photos". The ones of the new baby from the other day are on there. Like I said, I still know nothing really about photography though, and I want to know soooo much!

Anonymous said...

A life devoted to things is a dead life, a stump; a God - shaped life is a flourishing tree. PROVERBS 11:28