Monday, March 23, 2009

"No Flash" photo contest

This week's theme is "No Flash" for I Heart Faces photo contest. This is gonna be one of my favorite weeks to view pics. I love natural light photography. I am learning though. This photo was made just last week. I know that it technically could be ALOT better, but I love what it will always mean to me. Yes, it is grainy cause my ISOs were up, yes he has his morning cereal on his face still (at least that is what I hope it is), yes the light could have caught his eyes better, and on and on I go ripping it apart. The most important thing is that he waiting for his beloved daddy.... He was looking out in that big old world calling for his friend. "Dada, Dada, Dada" in his little singing voice. I hope that he always calls for him and knows that his daddy will always come for him. I love you daddy's little buddy!
Waiting for Daddy

Look into the light and head on over to Iheartfaces to see the other natural light photos. lol

25 comments:

Corey~living and loving said...

HOly cow girl. I saw none of the things you mentioned. I am blown away by the beauty of this shot. stunning in every way!

hope you have a great week.

Carebear said...

Oh my goodness, this is fantastic. The light is doing amazing things to his gorgeous little eyes! What a great photo!

Arrow Hill Academy said...

What a great use of light! This is an awesome picture. Nice job!

Nicolle said...

I think that picture is precious! His eyes are so beautiful. I don't see a thing wrong with this picture at all. Boyd gets very, very excited when his daddy gets home. It's really sweet to see your child do that!

Unknown said...

seriously, I dont know how this picture could be any better! It's gorgeous!!!

Nicolle said...

You're sweet! Yes, Boyd is fun. I never imagined this is how life would be! I know you can relate...even though some days are very exhausting! :)

You are so great. Ok, I shouldn't even admit this. I only use auto, or portrait on my camera so far. I am freaked about using manual. I would love for you to teach me a new setting. I will take a picture and post once you tell me. yay!

Julie Rivera said...

All those negatives you lsited...which picture were you looking at?! This is fabulous. And to know that he is waiting for his Dada, even sweeter! Looks like you have learned a lot very quickly. :)

Rebecca said...

FANTASTIC shot!
what a great use of light.
wonderful entry! I love it.
~Becca

{krista} said...

LOVE these shots in front of the window.

Melinda said...

I love this shot! It is stunning and has such a sweet story to go with it!

Through My Own Lens said...

What a sweet photo...and you're being too hard on yourself. I'm just learning too (don't even know what ISO stands for or what it means...YET - hehehe) but I think this is a great shot! And, the fact that it means so much to you is even better! I love the little chubby hands!

Randi said...

Very nice! His little face is so cute :)

Jennifer said...

Great picture. Love the reflection :)

Nicolle said...

I did it! You are awesome. Thank you so much. OK, I'm about to post a blog about using the manual setting on my camera. I can't believe I was so scared. I did play around with it a lot. I took some in 1600 ISO and they were grainy, but I kind of liked the way they came out. I love not using the flash at times too! They were just fun pics in his crib. It's too windy to go out today and we don't have a lot of natural light in our house. But I can tell a huge difference in the pictures. I did go back and forth to auto also, like you said. Now I'm excited about getting the camera manual out and reading it again. I'm sure I will have many more questions for you. Thank you so much!

Melissa said...

OH! I. LOVE. THIS! He is SO precious! And to know what he was singing so hopefully in that moment makes it even better. Great capture!!!!

Heidi said...

I love the lighting, the story, the emotion, everything. :) Lovely.

Shae said...

this is an awesome shot!

Denné Boring said...

Really beautiful! His eyes are wonderful in the light, and the way he you captured his longing for his daddy, with his hands on the glass and his eyes gazing out. Great shot!

Mandi Shandi said...

Unbelievable shot! You are so super talented. WHY can't you move closer? What if I say pretty please? You truly are a gifted photographer and an even better friend! Keep up the good work!

tiff(threeringcircus) said...

Wow. Ic an't see any of the things you are picking out. This is stunning.

Unknown said...

I think it is perfect too. Perfect because it is jam packed with love.

KristanneV said...

Wonderful shot! Beautiful.

jennifer said...

oh. so. perfect. with eyebrows!

Keri said...

Wow, gorgeous photo! Not only do I love the lighting on his face, but check out the light on his finger tips. Amazing!

Cori said...

Thank you for kind comment on my blog!! What a sweet picture of your little boy!!