
Today's post is another entry to my new favorite website's photo contest. This is week 7 and the topic is B&W. I found this pic that I made in January and thought that it is perfect since the piano keys are B&W too! I wish that I had shot on manual. My focus is off a tad and on his pjs. I think that I chickened out and went to the old not so faithful "auto" setting. At least I captured it though! If you don't know the history behind the piano, here it goes...... Bryan(my husband) lost his dad suddenly a few years ago. They both shared a HUGE passion for music and would lay together in the floor and listen to it together. Especially piano music. They would find special songs and listen to them together. Well, when he died, we inherited his Yamaha grand self-playing piano. WOW! It has been the best therapy for Bryan. He plays it when he misses his dad and sometimes lets the piano play recordings of his dad actually playing the piano! It is beautiful. Well, needless to say, now that we have a son, he is carrying on the tradition. They play together alot. This photo is of Bryce in his dad's lap playing the piano for his grampy that he never met. I know that he hears the sweet melody. "Play us a song your the piano man".....
Thank you for honoring me with 3rd place last week. Congrats to all the winners! Everyone's pics were fabulous. I enjoyed them all! Check out this week's pics. They promise to amaze... www.iheartfaces.com


23 comments:
What a beautiful story! I love it. I LOVE this picture. I LOVE that you were one of the winners last week! SO fantastic! Congratulations!
The depth of field in this photo is perfect. Great job!
You did it again friend! Yet another incredible shot of your little man. I love the story behind the photo too. We have a family piano that my Mom plays a lot. By the way, how was the party this weekend? Wonderful I hope!
That is so precious! Beautiful black and white :)
Oh, so sweet!
Perfect!!! Just like always! I love looking at your entries each week!
Absolutley precious!! We had a great time at the party and even more fun playing yesterday afternoon! Emma loves her Bryce time! She has said his name all day long...according to Candi any way!
Nice depth of field. Good composition, and such a little cutie. Lots of "music" at your house, right?
Thanks for visiting and for the kind words. I'm a big piano player, too, so I especially love your pic this week! :-)
Looking through your blog I find you are a master of black and white! You'll make top ten again this week I think! Just love the vignetting, the DoF, and pretty much everything else about this photo!
Great pick for the B & W those keys and the stripes in the PJ's just provide so much interesting contrast. And he's really just so sweet too. Great job!
TEACH ME OH TEACH ME.
NOW THIS IS A PRICE LESS PHOTO GREAT JOB!
Beautiful!! And I couldn't help the laugh that escaped me when I opened your blog and saw that header picture - adorable!
i picked thisABY OUT FOR THE WONDER AND i PICKED THIS OUT FOR B& W I LOVE YOUR STYLE A NEW READERE AS WELL OF YOUR BLOG THANKS FOR YOUR SWEET COMMENT AND STOPING BY . AMAZING B& W PICTURE.
I loved your photo last week with the Christmas lights. This one is brilliant too. It totally makes sense to take a picture with piano keys, and it worked perfectly here. I think the focus is on the middle because the keys, center of the p.j.'s and the face all seem to be in focus. I really love this picture. I also really enjoyed the story behind the piano. How neat that your hubby gets to listen to his dad playing on the piano still, and the music tradition is passing on to your son.
This is great shot. I love the idea of the black and white keys. wonderful.
congrats on last week as well. :)
I love that picture! And the story that goes with it...so touching! Glad I found your blog!
beautiful picture!!!
Congrats! You won my 100th post giveaway. E-mail me @ mkindle@yahoo.com so I can find out what you want and get your mailing info. I'm so happy you won!
Hey! I think a do-over is in order. Connor is a much better self soother than Walker. Walkie does not even know what that means! Anyway, what do you want, a tassel, sock monkey, pillow, or apron?
I love your blog and your pictures are beautiful! Your son is adorable. I've stopped by a couple of times to check out your pictures. I hope you don't mind if I "follow" your blog!
take care! :)
nicolle
ps...my favorite is the picture of your son with the Christmas lights!
It's so great to hear back from you! We do have a ton in common. Boyd is 11 months old today, so our boys are very close in age. We tried for 2 years and finally got pregnant. We also chose to wait a while...best decision ever - although some days I feel too old for all of this! Boyd was my maiden name. So cool that it is your father's middle name! We waited to find out the sex until birth, so I was thrilled to have a boy and to use the name Boyd.
I will check out your friend's blog about the book series I love. And I would love to see the other one you told me about that shoots with my camera. Your pictures are really, really good and they inspire me to learn learn learn!!! :) I'm glad you said that about my camera...I was not sure exactly which one to get and was so nervous about the purchase.
Ok, I could write a book, but I'm sure you're busy! So cool to find you here!
Now I know we're alike....I have my diet DP as soon as I get up...or I'm totally cranky! haha.
:)
Post a Comment