Sunday, June 7, 2009

For The Love Of TIGGER



Bryce ADORES Tigger!!!! We bought him one for Christmas, but he was only 10 months old and a little afraid of it. It is a different one than the one in this photo. It bounces on a spring tail. The one in this pic bounces on all four feet. I never knew that there were so many of them! Recently, he has became very brave. ( I guess all of those needle sticks have nudged him along in the bravery department). He wakes up every morning and plays in his crib, for a while, before I get him up. He has some stuffed toys and a little aquarium light and music toy that he plays with. His Tigger and an Elmo, that he also got for Christmas, sit on the bookcase in his room. Lately, when you go in his room, he is standing and points and garble talks about all of his books and his animal friends. We usually get a book or a toy to take with us to start our day. One morning, he pointed to Tigger, so I figured that he must not be afraid anymore. We picked him up and I showed him again how Tigger could sing and bounce. He was ENAMORED!!!!!! He played ALL DAY with that Tigger, checking him out from all angles. He had a little rattle toy as a baby and loved it too! You can never pick what they are gonna like! He received another Tigger as a hand-me-down toy from his cousins. He loves it too! I went to a thrift store the other day (to get out of the house) and he saw 2 more and started crying for them. (He is not a brat about stuff and never cries like that). I got to the register and one was 1/2 off. Who would've thought that $5 could bring so much pleasure to a toddler! He plays for hours with each of them. I am loving it! They all do things and say different things. He even has one that turns cartwheels! I will have to post pics of all of them! The one in this pic, was a thrift store find. I couldn't figure out how to get it to work. He figured it out in minutes! You press the tip of his tail! Here is the funny part.... Now he tries to press the tail of my sister's orange cat! Poor kitty! He chases it around with this intense look on his face! Hilarious! "The wonderful thing about Tiggers...are Tiggers are wonderful things....they bouncy, bouncy, bouncy, bouncy....fun, fun, fun, fun, fun...the most wonderful thing about Tiggers is that I'm the only ONE! Not true, there are 5 at our house! Would the REAL Tigger please stand up?

4 comments:

Courtney said...

How funny! Carlie LOVED Tigger too! Britt still sings "The wonderful thing about Tiggers, Tiggers are wonderful things, the tops are made of the rubber, the bottoms are made of the springs!" HILARIOUS! Bryce is "pinking up", isn't he? The pic is precious!

Nicolle said...

That is so so so sweet. I love this post. The picture and what you wrote are just precious. How funny that he does that to the cat now!

Corey~living and loving said...

sorry I have been MIA! sigh....summer is hard for me.

I love this post though. so cute that he is sooooo taken with Tigger. :)

have a great week.

Nicolle said...

Hi there! Boyd's great grandpa is 89, but is in great health and yes, does look young! :) He's a funny old guy! They just moved off the farm about 3 years ago. Rhubarb is actually sweet/tart. You cut up the long stalk and cook it down, almost to a mush. It's mostly used for pies and jams. My husband loves strawberry rhubarb pie. I doubt I'll be making one though! I never have. We'll probably just use it as a jam. :)