Well, sort of a maneater! I keep singing that song when I look at this pic. O.K!.... So pull up a chair and get ready for this kinda long story. My birthday was the 6th of this month and these pics were made that day. Bryce and I were having a fabulous day of his avoiding timeout (by being the best little man around) and my doing whatever I wanted cause...hey! It was my birthday! lol Well, things went South when I walked by him and thought that I smelled what will here on out be referred to as a little "gift". Well, let's just say that it was one of the biggest "presents" that I have ever "received". So big, that it in fact was on his foot, the carpet, among other places, and not in his diaper, where it should be residing. How do you clean that up without making a much bigger mess? I proceeded to our guest bathroom while holding him out from my body like an Iraqi land mine. I put him in the tub completely clothed with the intention of stripping him and wiping him (somehow) and then giving him a REAL bath. Once I entered the previously mentioned situation, I realized that I would be bathing him in his own poop... I mean "gift". Well, it was then that I turned on the faucet to entertain him while I made a mad dash for the wipes. I cleaned him and then carried him, (still like and Iraqi mine) to the other tub, where I was able to give him a proper scrubbing and where the "gift" was no longer present. I then ran for the carpet cleaner while he played with the trickling faucet, before the tub filled. I came back to find my little "maneater" and grabbed my camera. I was able to clean the carpet, while watching him play in the tub (completely oblivious to the crisis he had just caused). I got him out after the "gift" was "contained" in the rest of the house and began cleaning the other tub. When I returned I found this:
How could a mom be upset anymore?
Bless his heart... he was helping clean the mess that I had already cleaned!
I didn't have the heart to tell him that he was cleaning with the brush upside-down. Thanks for helping my sweet baby boy! "Happy Birthday Mommy....did you like my "gift"?

7 comments:
Oh girl! We had our first VERY messy diaper last week at my mom's. I was just glad it took us 16 months to have our first one. Boyd had to make the hour ride home in just a diaper. I wasn't prepared.
I can just picture you carrying him like you said you did! Makes me laugh! I love that he was helping you with the carpets. So sweet. :)
Happy late birthday to you too!!! I hope you had a really good day!
ohhh he is adorable . i read your bloggy all the time and have to say very few times do i comment , sorry i will start to , i seem to read comment my self like tonight awe so cute look at that face then continue to read then get caught in something ect sorry . this will not be my last time ok :)))))
thanks so much!
Awww!! That's the funniest yet sweetest story ever!! I was not expecting that turnaround. :)
fun story. fun as in...it wasn't me. BUT...I have been there.
Belated happy birthday! Love those "gifts"! UGH! Connor is the worst for that. I am so familiar with carrying the land mine to the tub. Oh the joys of raising boys!
Post a Comment