Monday, August 3, 2009

We're Back! (No Pun Intended)

 
Well, we're back from the beach! Bryce adored it! I thought that he might, because he loves to play in the gravel, dirt and pretty much anything like sand! I made the decision NOT to take my "big" camera to the beach or expose it to the wonderful sand, humidity and salt. I just carried my point and shoot and my really old rebel. I saw lots of people with their "nicer" cameras, but I decided that since I had just got it returned from my "blow up" incident, that I shouldn't take my chances. Maybe when Bryce is older and I am not having to chase him so much! This pic was made after we had made some pics by the dunes. He had on just his pants and then soaked those, so I couldn't resist a little nakedness before he gets too big! He laughed everytime that the ocean tide hit him. It even got him in the face a few times! I will try to post more and tell more about Bryce's first trip to the beach. We usually go every year, but didn't go last year. We made a trip to Disney with my family instead. He was 3 months old then. I bought stroller fans and he did great there too! Ok, so back to the beach! Anyway, it was fun to watch him see it all for the first time and discovering the textures and the reactions of everything. He learned several new words while we were there. He discovered the moon for the first time, as well as finally took note of airplanes. He can say both now, although he has seen them a thousand times at places other than the beach. We also saw a sea turtle being born, which I am told, is pretty rare. Gotta run! For some reason, he thinks that he needs to be played with and entertained constantly. (I am sure that it has nothing to do with my neices and nephew playing with him the whole week!) lol We need a vacation to get over our vacation! Can anyone relate?

6 comments:

Mandi Shandi said...

Glad you're back and so glad little man loved it. That pic is the cutest thing ever. Hope all is well with you!

Corey~living and loving said...

Welcome home! :) sounds like you had a really fantastic time. I'm so very glad. :)

oh and I always need a vacation from my vacation.

Unknown said...

The naked beach pic is cracking me up! Glad y'all had a good time! Can't wait to hear all about it. =)

Courtney said...

Precious pic. One day Bryce will be furious that you posted a photo of his naked bum on the internet!!! ha ha!
I want you to do a shoot with my kids. Soon! Before Carlie's front teeth come back in!
Think about where you'd want to do it and lets set a date!

Michelle said...

That picture is ADORABLE!

CIRCLE OF LIFE said...

i wish i was thee to take these pictures